Claim here for FREE Internal Wall Insulation

Internal wall insulation (IWI) is carried out inside your home to reduce the cost of heating it. The idea being that insulation material is laid on the inside walls or within a wooden frame, keeping your house warmer and you spend less on heating it.

!!!Attention!!! This type of grants is ONLY available for properties heated with Electricity, Bottled LPG or Fossil Fuels (Coal or Wood)!

Internal Wall Insulation

At Free Insulation Grant we offer Internal Wall Insulation for:

  • Solid wall properties,
  • Flats and maisonettes with empty cavity wall.

If you live in a flat or maisonette with cavity walls, then it is most likely that your cavity was never insulated. Similar to solid wall, you probably find that no matter how much you spend on heating, the property always feels cold.

IWI is a technology to fit in robust and firm insulation boards to your walls. Sometimes an internal wooden frame is built that allows a mineral fiber insulation to be filled within it.

Apply now

What walls do I have?

Free Solid Wall Insulation Grant

A solid wall is usually made of concrete, stone or brick.

You can quickly check if you have a solid or cavity wall from the way that the bricks are laid - see image.

If solid brick wall, then you can see both the brick ends and the lengths. For cavity wall you only see the brick lengths.

Why take action today?

  • FREE Internal Wall Insulation (worth up to £7400).
  • Significant reductions in energy and heating bills.
  • Enjoy a warmer more comfortable home.
  • May form part of redecoration process.
  • Increase the value of your property.
  • While government grants are available.

Apply now

Do I qualify?

As a guide, homes built before 1930 are often solid wall and would be perfect for Internal Wall Insulation.

If you live in a flat or a maisonette that was built before 1976, then even if you have a cavity wall, it is most unlikely that the cavity was insulated. So, you may qualify for IWI or Cavity Wall Insulation.

If you live in a flat then you should have at least 2 external walls available for insulation. If you live in a detached or semi-detached house, or a bungalow, you should have at least 3 external walls available for IWI.

You need to receive an ECO3 benefit. Click here to see eligible ECO3 benefits.

The property should be located in England, Scotland or Wales and be heated by a electricity, bottled LPG or fossil fuels.

You must be the Homeowner, Landlord or a Private Tenant. Private Tenants must have their Landlord permission. Landlords must have an eligible ECO3 Tenant living in the property that requires insulation.

Also, Housing Associations can claim insulation grants if their properties are heated by any type of electric heaters and they have eligible ECO3 Tenants.

Apply now

How much can I save?

According to the Energy Saving Trust an Internal Wall Insulation of a standard semi-detached house can cost around £7,400. With ECO3 funding you can have IWI for free.

In addition, the chart below shows statistics from the Energy Saving Trust (2018) giving the average annual energy savings according to your property type.

Detached house £415
Semi-detached house £245
Mid-terraced house £155
Bungalow £165
Flat £115

I receive an ECO3 benefit and want to proceed.